14 May 2012

Artist 140: Marian Boo







A nice big hello to our latest artist feature Marian Boo. Based in sunny Israel, Marian has a fun and quirky style that combines bright colour and vivid imagery with a real love of different media. Her work has a great sense of fun with a wide variety of subjects. She has a range of styles which shows a willingness to explore different ways of presenting her ideas and working methods which will give her the best chance of developing her work and strengthening her technique as she moves through her career. She has a strong inventive streak, full of ideas and ways of looking at the world, her use of colour is strong and this is where she is at her most successful, so I hope she continues to embrace her love of bright strong tones in the future. Wishing her the best in all she does we give you Marian Boo.

A Personal statement about you or your work: 
I'm an illustrator and an animator from Israel, and currently working on my final project in animation as an illustration student in the frontal communication department in Shenkar college of engineering and design in Israel. I've been drawing For as long as I can remember my self, and been an illustrator only feels natural to me. I never work in just one technique or format. I believe in the power of invention, and the need to experiment, and draw in any format comes my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment