7 Oct 2011

Artist 114: Yaron Steinberg







Israeli artist Yaron Steinberg is our next feature and he really is a great catch, adept in a range of media, this multifaceted and talented artist brings us tight illustration, clever uses of backgrounds, oils street art object art and his wonderful sculptures like epic accumulations the physical froth of Yaron's imagination is burnt into our consciousness and he has a real knack at getting that leverage to make us think or feel. One of the most suprising things about Yaron's multiple working practices and methodologies is how successful they are all and so integrated do they seem it is hard to work out if this is cumulative or if each piece is outstanding in it's own right. It feels like each work and each artistic aspect of Yaron is simply there to give context to the others. This gives him a serene unity of purpose and taking his work together is like Yaron can exploit different parts of the brain simultaneously, which like his sculpture is an amazing exercise in form and composition, which is the main reason he can work so well in different media, his skill with the assessment an placing of an image in space and giving context from location is as key in sculpture as it is in street art and I think this will form the backbone of his most exciting works using light, space and form is hard to master and this is where Yaron stands out the most. Wishing him the best of luck in all he does and remember,it's just a ride and we can change it anytime we want.

Who are you:
My name is Yaron Steinberg and i am an artist from Israel

What do you do:
I am a freelance illustrator and graphic designer. I specialize in object illustrations.

How did you start:
I've been doing art since i can remember myself, I have always known that it was my calling and I have tried to perfect my craft ever since.

A Personal statement about you or your work:
I believe that good art comes form within, most of my inspiration comes from my experiences in life, and me trying to figure out my world and the world around me. I think that all creative people have this uncontrollable "factory" in this minds , a factory that feeds from experiences and translate them to inspiration.

Life is all the inspiration we need, and as Bill Hicks said :"The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride".

No comments:

Post a Comment