4 Oct 2010

Artist 29: Fritha Moonbeatle Tigerlilly Quinn











Hello everybody! Its time to introduce the up and coming Fritha Moonbeatle Tigerlilly Quinn! Possessor of not only the best name in the business but some mighty fine guerilla illo skills. Fitting her art around her work obviously hasn't dented her enthusiasm and this is shown with some very free and charming work. Her work has a certain pathos juxtaposed with sugar sweet sentiment, a perfect mix of pastels and cheekiness gives a warmth that belies the cool settings and textured backgrounds. Breezy and fun her work is a real treasure and you can read about her here!

Who are you:
My name is Fritha Moonbeatle Tigerlilly Quinn (for real, Strickland is my surname and the others are my middle names)
I am a 24 year old Welsh illustrator living in Bristol

What do you do:
I work 9-.5.30 in an office as my day job but in my lunch breaks/train commute/evenings and weekends I am an illustrator!

How did you start:
I have always drawn since as far back as I remember that is what I have loved doing. I think my love of drawing and crafts came from moving a lot as a child, learning to 'make' my friends when in situations where real ones were not available ( they were my paper people! with fragile necks sellotaped with tooth picks and a fear of water ). But even now as a adult I think if a day went past that I didn't pick up a pen and do something creative it would feel odd to me..I love just getting lost in an illustration and forgetting about the mundane!

A Personal statement about you or your work:
I think my work is quite childlike as probably a reflection of my personality. I love bright bold colours and quirky text and I love to personalise animals. I would love to work as a childrens book illustrator one day! Really I just like my work to make people smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment