12 Sept 2010

Artist 18: Lucy Davidson





Lucy Davidson is a bright and sunny illustrator/designer/needleworker with a fresh but domestic style and a love of all things lively and fun. Her work instantly makes you smile and is a happy reminder of English summers and her delicate but bold style grabs you and wraps you up like a blanket! You can read her interview here.

Who are you:
I'm Lucy, but I draw under the name Peas and Needles.

What do you do:
I'm an Illustrator but also a Designer. My day job is a bit of both.

How did you start:
My family are very arty so I guess most if not all my skills come from them. I'm always wanting to learn more so I find it very hard to just stick to one craft.

A Personal statement about you or your work:
I like to sew/draw/paint/knit/crochet/embroider and more, so one day I would like to be able to combine all of these and then I think I'll be happy. O and I also would like to do all this with a pug on my lap and a glass of squash in hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment